Request for laboratory services to evaluate the quality of honey
Closing Date: February 10, 2016
The Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), an international institution with the responsibility of executing the 10th EDF SPS Project is collaborating with the Caribbean Agricultural Health and Food Safety Agency (CAHFSA) to identify a suitable consultant to determine the quality of the honey traded in the region as well as its compliance with acceptable international standards.
The objective of this consultancy is to profile honey from three (3) of the major honey producing countries in the region in order to determine the quality of the honey and its compliance with acceptable international standards.
The contracted laboratory will be required to:
- Review relevant international standards for honey and determine theirapplicability to the region.
- Review existing methods and standards for honey produced and sold in the region and identify key parameters to be used in profiling honey.
- Arrange for collection of samplesofhoney from the following three (3) honey producing countries in the region: Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana and Grenada.
- Evaluate the samples of honey in an accredited laboratory based on theparameters identified in (2) above.
- Prepare profiles of the samples, indicating where samples do not meet relevant international standards.
Notice expires at 10:59am on Thursday March 10th, 2016