CARPHA was legally established in July 2011 by an Inter-governmental Agreement (IGA) signed by Heads of Caribbean Governments and began operations in January 2013. CARPHA’s functions encompass the responsibilities of five (5) previously existing regional health institutions. Work in these areas advances the public health agenda in the Region and makes a valuable and coordinated contribution to the knowledge and resources of the international health community.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
To protect and improve Health in the Region by strengthening RHS, through the building of capacity, strengthening health systems and developing mechanisms to “prevent, detect, respond to and control infectious disease outbreaks, and strengthen border security”.
More specifically, a Consultant will be engaged to develop the RHS Pathway through coordination and collaboration with CARPHA, CMS, Agencies, IDPS and other stakeholders that can provide accurate, timely and relevant information for the various aspects of the RHS pathway, that will trigger early warning and timely response to public health threats, decision-making, action and policy for CMS and other stakeholders for enhanced RHS
BACKGROUND, OBJECTIVE, SCOPE OF WORK
See attached Terms of Reference for details.
CARPHA invites eligible Individual Consultant to indicate their interest in providing the required services.
Interested consultants must provide the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating that you are qualified and experienced to perform the services (Qualifications and skills, General Professional Experience, Specific professional experience etc.).
- Expertise in RHS and working in the Caribbean region in public health
- Short Proposal on the following areas:
- An outline of the approach proposed for contract implementation.
- A list of the proposed tasks you consider necessary to achieve the contract objectives.
- Inputs and outputs.
- TIMETABLE OF WORK
- The timing, sequence and duration of the proposed tasks, taking into account travel time.
- The identification and timing of major milestones in executing the contract, including an indication of how the achievement of these would be reflected in any reports, particularly those stipulated in the terms of reference.
- The methodologies contained in the offer should include a work plan indicating the envisaged resources to be mobilized.
- An explanation of the risks and assumptions affecting the execution of the contract.
BUDGET AND IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD
The maximum value of the consultancy is USD $25,400.00. The intended start date is July/August 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be Three (3) months from this date.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Expressions of interest must be delivered in English by email to the address below by Tuesday, 11 July 2023 to:
Caribbean Public Health Agency
Mr. Anthony Seunarine