The Governments of Antigua and Barbuda, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines have received financing in the amount of US$10 million equivalent from the World Bank towards the cost of establishing a partial credit guarantee scheme, and they intend to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, and consulting services to be procured under this project.
The consultant will serve as the “Senior Operating Officer (SOO)” for the ECPCGC and should possess Extensive knowledge of MSME lending with some direct experience lending to small and medium-sized businesses, knowledge of the internal controls necessary for a lending operation and the ability to design and implement risk management procedures. The ideal candidate should possess an Undergraduate Degree from a reputable college or university, preferably in Business, Accounting, or related field; and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in MSME lending in a financial services institution. The initial contracted employment period will be for two years subject to a performance review and an expression of further contracted employment three months before the expiration of the existing contract. The assignment is expected to begin on February 1, 2021.
The consultant will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the ECPCGC and the ECPCGC Board of Directors.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be viewed by following the attached link below.
The Eastern Caribbean Partial Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECPCGC) now invites eligible “Consultants” to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have:
- An Undergraduate Degree from a reputable college or university, preferably in Business, Accounting, or related field; and
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in MSME lending in a financial services institution.
Applicants should also have:
- Extensive knowledge of MSME lending with some direct experience lending to small and medium-sized businesses
- Extensive knowledge of MSME banking operations
- Knowledge of the internal controls necessary for a lending operation and the ability to design and implement risk management procedures
- Experience developing and presenting information in public, including responding to questions in real-time
- Experience lending to MSMEs located in the ECCU
- Ability to draft procedures to be used in a lending operation
- Familiarity with the mechanics of a loan guarantee program
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills, and
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to Section III, Paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 2016, [revised November 2017] (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Approved Selection Method for Individual Consultants set out in the clause 7.34 of the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0800 to 1700 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form by e-mail by January 22, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eastern Caribbean Partial Credit Guarantee Corporation
Brid Rock, Basseterre,
For further information, please contact:
Carmen Gomez-Trigg Bernard Thomas
Chief Executive Officer Chief Financial Officer
Tel: 868-620-8144 Tel: 869-765-2385
Notice expires at 5:13pm on Tuesday January 26th, 2021