The Caribbean Community (CARIOCM), with financial assistance from 11th European Development Fund, intends to award a service contract for a Consultancy to Prepare Technical Position Paper on CARIFORUM’s Priorities for the Second Five-Year Review of the CARIFORUM-EU EPA in 2020.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- Support CARIFORUM States in undertaking the mandatory comprehensive review of the EPA
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
- Provide technical assistance to the CARIFORUM Directorate and CARIFORUM States to ensure CARIFORUM States meaningfully benefit from the 2020 review of the CARIFORUM-EU EPA.
The Contractor will deliver the following:
- Result 1: A Technical Position Paper which, in relation to the respective priorities of the Parties, includes:
- A Briefon the various priorities for the second five-year review and make recommendations on CARIFORUM’s negotiating positions and strategies relevant to the 2020 Review of the EPA;
- A Brief which makes recommendations on matters which implicate the strategic interests of CARIFORUM in connection with the 2020 five-year review of the EPA, including on matters emanating from CARIFORUM and CARIFORUM-EU meetings with respect to the 2020 five-year review of the EPA;
- Makes general recommendations to guide the positions of CARIFORUM States for the second five-year review of the EPA.
- Result 2: Facilitate at least two consultations with CARIFORUM States and other stakeholders on the elements of the Position Paper.
Description of the assignment
The Second comprehensive of the CARIFORUM of the EPA by the Parties is scheduled to take place in 2020. Having recognised the importance of the 2020 Review of the EPA, the CARIFORUM region is seeking to ensure that the objectives of the comprehensive review of the EPA are addressed during the 2020 review exercise. The Consultant is expected to conduct research and provide technical assistance in the form of advice and recommendations in a Technical Position Paper which will support CARIFORUM to finalise and present the region’s positions for the Review. In doing so the Consultant will synthesize the current priorities of the CARIFORUM States in relation to the agreed issues and make recommendations on positions to be adopted by the CARIFORUM States with respect thereto. The Consultant will also facilitate consultations with CARIFORUM States on the issues. In preparing the Position Paper the Consultant will conduct research, review and collate the information in related Studies, review and collate information in reports of meetings and engage in consultations with the EPA Implementation Unit and other stakeholders.
Expressions of Interest must be received no later than 15:00 hours on Tuesday, 23rd June, 2020, to the following e-mail email@example.com addressed to:
Programme Manager, Procurement
Turkeyen, Greater Georgetown
Notice expires at 2:00pm on Tuesday June 23rd, 2020