NAME OF PROJECT – OECS REGIONAL HEALTH PROJECT
GRANT NO.: D513
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: DEVELOPMENT OF OECS MULTI-SECTORAL MULTI-HAZARD EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS, MITIGATION, RESPONSE AND RECOVERY MEASURES
Reference No. LC-OECS COMMISSION-287117-CS-INDV
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the OECS Regional Health Project (ORHP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Development of OECS Multi-Sectoral Multi-Hazard Emergency Preparedness, Mitigation, Response and Recovery Measures.
The objectives of the consulting services (“the Services”) will be achieved through the following:
- Undertake a review and prioritization of hazard vulnerability for the OECS region
- Review the role of the OECS as guided by the Revised Treaty of Basseterre and other relevant OECS instruments, as well as the capacity of the OECS Commission in the context of the regional response mechanisms for health emergencies and disasters as illustrated by recent responses.
- Gain an understanding of the relevant existing national and regional agreements, mechanisms, arrangements, policies, and instruments for the coordination and financing of emergency and disaster response
- Review the regulatory, legal and policy environment for the coordination of multi-sectoral and/or multi-hazard services including emergency transport services.
- Complete a situation report on disaster preparedness and response in the OECS to
- Develop a costed OECS Regional Disaster and Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan with Standard Operation Procedures
- Develop an OECS Hazard Mitigation and Disaster Recovery framework which guides the continued programming and pivoting of OECS Commission as well as sustainable financing options before during and after high impact hazard events
- Build awareness and capacity of the OECS Commission and its Member States in the implementation of the plan and the application of the framework.
The OECS now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultant”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The minimum required qualifications and experience are listed in section 6.0 of the TOR below.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018 (‘Procurement Regulations’), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants’ Qualification selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 08:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (0830 to 1630 hours).
Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States
OECS Regional Health Project
P.O. Box 179
TEL: +1 758-455-6349/68
Individual Consultants wishing to signify their interest in undertaking the prescribed services are to submit an Expression of Interest providing information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
Expressions of Interest will be evaluated and the Individual Consultant with the most relevant experience and qualifications will be selected and requested to submit a proposal which will be the basis for negotiations leading to a contract.
An electronic copy of the Expressions of Interest must be sent by June 30, 2022 to:
Yasmine Anatole, Procurement Officer
At the following email address:
copied to: email@example.com
The email submissions should include the name and address of the Consultant and shall be clearly marked in the subject line as “Expression of Interest – Development of OECS Multi-Sectoral Multi-Hazard Emergency Preparedness, Mitigation, Response and Recovery Measures”
The Terms of Reference for the Submission of Expressions of Interest for this consultancy is provided below.