The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the OECS Regional Health Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) is to provide critical support in the development and implementation of the communications plan, increase visibility and social media strategies that support the objectives of the project. This Consultancy is expected to commence in March 2022 for a total period of about twenty-four (24) months.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment isattached to this request for expressions of interest. (See Annex A)
The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) now invites eligible consulting individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria is as follows:
Qualification Requirements for the Key Expert
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or any other related field.
- Knowledge of broad-spectrum communications including public relations, marketing, and mass media.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders and manage vendors to ensure effective communication and dissemination of project supported activities and initiatives.
- Understanding of communications channels, production and distribution.
- Ability to use online monitoring and measurement platforms including, but not limited to, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, and other social media tools.
- Ability to harness social media tools to bring greater visibility to the project.
- Knowledge of best practices and principles for graphic design, including print and digital products, will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with developing and implementing communication plans and strategies including social media management and website analysis, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Experience working with Caribbean and/or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Experience in liaising with the media as a point of contact – including the promotion of press releases and other information
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience with Social Media management, Communications, Marketing.
- High-level strategic thinking combined with attention to detail in executing communications programmes.
- In-depth understanding of corporate communications principles, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work in a team, and demonstrated project management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programmes such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging current trends in social media.
- Relevant experience working in health and social communications would be an asset.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and multimedia editing skills would be an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken communication in English
- Any other language will be considered an asset (French, Dutch and Spanish)
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment (i.e., 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection Method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00am to 4:00pm Mondays to Fridays. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by December 17th, 2021.