Type of Vacancy: Community Vacancies
Details of the Post
About the OECS
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More…
Under the leadership of the Programme Director -Education, the Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative, technical and analytical support to enable efficient operations within the Education Development Management Unit and will be assigned to the Global Partnership for Education funded new Education Programme.
More specifically, the Senior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Efficiently coordinate the day-to-day operational activities, including but not limited to managing team events, correspondence, appointments, editing and preparing documents/reports.
- Develop and maintain electronic systems and databases to efficiently manage the projects/unit’s records.
- Provide support to the initiatives under the Global Partnership for Education funded a new education programme and the wider Education Management Development Unit (EDMU) to ensure that objectives are delivered in a timely manner.
- Conduct research and present findings to support decisions/actions in his/her area of work.
- Applies judgment using analytical thought to solve complex issues to drive the work of the project/unit
- Develops creative solutions based on analysis and sound judgment to drive the project forward
- Prepares meeting notes and assists in the compilation of reports
- Ensure efficient records management in line with the organisation’s Information Management Policy and division/unit requirements, including relevant confidential records.
- Coordinate all travel and accommodation arrangements for travelling officers
- Coordinate all administrative and logistical arrangements for all meeting/workshops/conferences
- Explore workable solutions to manage competing priorities in an efficient and timely manner
- Process payment request and ensure completeness and accuracy of supporting documents
- Prepares meeting notes and contributes to the compilation of reports
- Apply project management skills to efficiently manage multiple events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to meet the needs of the GPE funded Programme, EDMU and Grant Management Unit
- Perform routine functions such as preparation and dissemination of meeting minutes/action notes, facilitate courier services, photocopying, scanning and other related functions
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment, and procure when necessary
- Assist in procurement processes by preparing requisitions and checking their completeness and authorization
- Disseminates documents, newsletters, brochures, press releases and other public awareness materials associated with the promotion the project
- Contribute towards the advocacy and communication on the work of the GPE funded Programme/ EDMU/Grants Management Unit
- Partner with the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) to lead the successful delivery of education programmes and projects.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Programme Director-Education and/or the Director Human and Social Division
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- At least four (4) years of administrative experience in a related field
- An Associate Degree, Diploma in Business Administration or its equivalent
- Expert knowledge of office operations and use of office software including Microsoft Suite of programmes, Microsoft Project, MS Excel, Word and databases
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Ability to follow instructions and manage time effectively
Terms of Appointment
The OECS Commission is headquartered in Castries, Saint Lucia. The position of Senior Administrative Assistant is open to nationals of OECS Member States and is stationed at the OECS Commission headquarters. Taking into consideration the COVID-19 pandemic, remote working will also be considered.
The position is on a fixed-term establishment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts allowances.
Please ensure that certified copies of academic and professional awards or certificates are included in your application.
The deadline for all submissions is Friday 26th March 2021.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
Notice expires at 11:59pm on Friday March 26th, 2021