Type of Vacancy: Community Vacancies / Expired Notices
Details of the Post
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More…
Under the leadership of the Ambassador, the Second Secretary is responsible for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective delivery of the mandates of the Embassy. The Second Secretary will be required to perform the following key duties:
- Provide advice and guide the implementation of programmes and projects in pursuit of trade/commerce, investment in areas of strategic importance for Member states, and cultural exchange between Member states and Morocco.
- Work toward ensuring that the Member States derive the maximum possible benefit from commercial and investment opportunities in Morocco and the wider African theatre.
- Conduct research, gather intelligence, and prepare analytical briefs and reports and other documentation on opportunities for trade/commerce, investment and cultural cooperation for the information of Member States.
- Plan and organize events geared at the promotion of opportunities for investment, trade/commerce, and cultural cooperation and exchange in Member States, Morocco, or other countries in the African theatre in which the Member States indicate an interest.
- Liaise closely with Member State national agencies, whether in capital or overseas-based in the promotion of the commercial (including tourism) and investment interests of the respective states in Morocco or other countries in the African theatre in which the Member States indicate an interest.
- Carry out such other related duties as may be required or assigned by the Ambassador/Head of Mission or his delegate.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in investment promotion, trade promotion, tourism promotion, or another relevant technical field
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in International Business, Private Enterprise Development, Business Administration, International Commercial law, or another technical discipline of relevance to the work of the Embassy.
- Strong reporting and rapporteuring skills
- Able to apply project management techniques
- Ability to foster relationships with key partners within and outside the Commission
- Applies advanced knowledge of industry practice
- Ability to apply diplomatic skills and etiquette
- Strong negotiation skills
- Drives with Purpose and Vision
- Build Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Decision Quality
- Creates an Environment of Trust
The OECS Commission is headquartered in Castries, Saint Lucia. The position of Second Secretary is open to nationals of OECS Member States and is stationed at the Embassies of the Eastern Caribbean States in Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco.
The position is on a fixed-term establishment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts allowances.
The deadline for all submissions is Monday 13th July 2021. All future employee must apply through this link.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
Notice expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday July 13th, 2021