Type of Vacancy: Expired Notices / Other
Details of the Post
This role will provide specialized technical support for efficient development and implementation of monitoring, reporting and evaluation aligned to WFP corporate standards and generate evidence on the results of activities, to inform policy, strategy and programme design and implementation. This includes coordinating monitoring activities and supporting the management of decentralized evaluations, supporting thematic reviews and supporting the Programme Unit in positioning WFP as a reliable partner for governments to build monitoring and evaluation strategies. Through WFP’s programme data management tools, the role will track the progress of WFP’s technical assistance and partnerships with governments on social protection, food security, disaster risk financing and vulnerability analysis. It will include reporting on persons reached and activities accomplished, as part of corporate frameworks.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Six years of experience in the related field. Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas is an asset for this role: social protection, capacity strengthening, emergency preparedness and response, and project management.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Notice expires at 11:59pm on Tuesday March 28th, 2023