Type of Vacancy: Community Vacancies
Details of the Post
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Nursery Teacher, Early Childhood Education in the Ministry of Education, Youth Affairs Sports. The successful applicant will be appointed before the end of the academic year in 2020/2021, that is, prior to April 19th 2021.
To assist with the holistic development and care of children aged three to five years.
- To motivate and stimulate children’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience;
- To provide pastoral care and support to children and provide them with a secure environment to learn;
- To develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources;
- Organize learning materials and resources and make imaginative use of resources;
- To assist with the development of children’s personal, social and language abilities;
- To support the development of children’s basic skills, including physical coordination, speech and communication;
- To encourage children’s mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play;
- To develop and nurture children’s curiosity and knowledge;
- To work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors;
- To share knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents;
- To observe, assess and record each child’s progress;
- To attend professional development activities;
- To ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school;
- To keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
The successful applicant should ideally have one of the following;
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education or a related discipline from a recognized university or tertiary institution;
- A minimum of five (5) Subjects to include English
- A minimum of two years working experience in an Early Childhood Centre
For teaching roles, the successful applicant will need to show evidence of the following:
- A respect and fondness for children;
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- The capacity to learn quickly;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children;
- Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature;
- An understanding of the needs and feelings of children;
- ability to work independently, as well as being able to work in a team;
- A sense of humour and the ability to make the children laugh.
- Have a clean Police record
- The Ability to form positive relationships with students, staff, parents and other members of the community
- Ability to work effectively with a diversity of individuals and groups
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a Probationary basis for two years, after which Permanent and Pensionable appointment may be considered.
Salary is based on qualification in the scale R46-36, that is EC$22,608 – $30,996 per annum.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.job.gov.ms – (click on ‘Find a Government Job’). Applications forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and certified copies of relevant academic qualifications.
- NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to gauge additional evidence about the applicants that may or may not be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 26th, 2021.
Notice expires at 4:00pm on Friday February 26th, 2021