Type of Vacancy: Community Vacancies
Details of the Post
The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) is an inter-governmental organisation dedicated to economic harmonisation and integration, protection of human and legal rights, and the encouragement of good governance among independent and non-independent countries in the Eastern Caribbean. Under the Treaty of Basseterre (RTB, 1981) and now The Revised RTB (2010), Member States agree to cooperate with each other and promote unity and solidarity, including participation by Protocol Members in an Economic Union. Read More…
Under the direction of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for undertaking the M&E activities of the Commission including the support and supervision of all M&E activities associated with any assigned project(s). The role will ensure compliance and data quality of the implemented projects under the Revised Treaty of Basseterre, and the OECS Development Strategy. This role also requires fostering relationships with key stakeholders within the Commission and the Member States.
Management and Supervision
- Lead in the development and management of the related resources for the implementation of M&E plans within the assigned Project(s);
- Supervise and participate in the development and use of (a) performance measuring tools, (b) systems for the accurate and timely reporting and verifying of information and (c) Human Resource capacity.
- Undertake missions to the participating Member States to (a) gather and evaluate the M&E related data and information, (b) assess their M&E systems and structures and (c) validate their reports including explanations and recommendations;
- Performing routine variance analyses to track variances in the implementing agencies’ performance against targets and approved work plans;
- Consolidate country-level data/information, provide feedback, and prepare M&E Reports; and
- Support the establishment and implementation of project-wide systems for data verification and quality control (QA/QC).
- Support the development (institutional strengthening and capacity building) of M&E related policies, plans and systems in the OECS Commission. This could include:
a. Conducting, and where necessary supporting the mobilization of technical assistance for training
b. Conducting site visits to implementing agencies to provide direct provision of technical assistance (TA) including support for data management.
Communications and Reporting
- Prepare and submit timely M&E reports;
- Compile quarterly updates on M&E activities and progress towards targets and performance;
- Provide information on the impact of the related M&E plans (and policies) and the quality of the M&E performance at the national, regional and donor levels; and
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager in the reporting of performance at the organizational level.
Other Duties for Commission
- Participating in M&E technical working groups (TWG), and support partner coordination efforts pertaining to M&E in the OECS region.
- Participate in the design of evaluations, behavioural studies, and operations research to support the strengthening of systems for strategic information and M&E in the OECS region.
- Support the identification and documentation of M&E best practices and lessons learned;
- Represent the OECS Commission at technical and partner meetings;
- Support efforts in collaborating with the Communications Unit to contribute towards advocacy and communication relating to the work of the PMU; and
- Other related tasks as requested by the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A first degree in Research Methods or another related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of practical experience conducting Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Familiarity with the operational procedures of regional/international institutions would be an asset.
- Experience in researching, analyzing and monitoring trends.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in delivering training would be an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with tight, sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Detail-oriented team player at all levels able to collaborate with units and other functional partners.
- Fully conversant in Information Technology and other related programme Management software, MS Office Suite, in particular MS PowerPoint, as well as other collaborative tools.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Results-based management competency
- Experience working on projects or in a project-based environment.
- Familiarity with specialized M&E software/tools would be an asset.)
- Drives with Purpose and Vision
- Build Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Decision Quality
- Creates an Environment of Trust
The OECS Commission is headquartered in Castries, Saint Lucia. The position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is open to nationals of OECS Member States and is stationed at the OECS Commission headquarters.
The position is on a fixed-term establishment. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience, and exempt from income taxes. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts allowances.
The deadline for all submissions is Monday 12th July 2021. All future employee must apply through this link.
Only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.
Notice expires at 11:59pm on Monday July 12th, 2021