Type of Vacancy: Expired Notices / Other
Details of the Post
The Managing Director will deliver on ECTEL’s strategic priorities as a “CEO”, by developing a team of leaders capable of addressing the challenges of rapidly advancing technological changes that is ever-present in modern electronic communications. This will involve providing strategic, financial, and operational leadership to the ECTEL Directorate, Board and Council.
The Managing Director will act as a “change agent” by leading ECTEL through a transition phase as it seeks to build a platform for further growth, advance its new Electronic Communications Bill and suite of new Regulations, and deliver stronger collaboration with the National Telecommunications Regulatory Commissions (NTRCs) and the Ministries/Departments with responsibility for electronic communications in the Member States, by promoting a harmonised single entity culture when addressing modern electronic communications challenges. The postholder will set ECTEL up for success by energizing all staff and direct stakeholders in pursuit of the vision of a technologically advanced electronic communications capability for the Eastern Caribbean region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the Council and Board, as well as wider ECTEL senior leadership, including the General Counsel and Secretary, Director of Technical Services, Director of Economics and Finance, Human Resource Manager, Chief Financial Officer and direct reports of the Executive Assistant and the Communications & Media, Relations Manager.
- Plan, develop, implement and direct the ECTEL’s operational and fiscal function and performance and act as a strategic partner by driving long-range growth initiatives, new strategies, and regulatory actions.
- Interact with staff at all levels and act as a mentor who encourages personal development and fosters an inclusive corporate culture, where people are empowered to assume leadership, accountability, and responsibility.
- Build a culture of positivity towards the continuous improvement of policies and procedures that will improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the organisation.
- Provide accurate analysis of annual budget, reports, financial trends, and any special budgets for approval by the Board
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision-making issues such as recommendations on issues of licenses and frequency authorizations, formulation of policy recommendations to be made to the Board and Council, and advice to the NTRCs in the Member States on operational, administrative and regulatory matters.
- Navigate the sovereign agendas of the Member States and promote ECTEL’s mandate by working in partnership with the legislative bodies at all levels, to ensure the implementation of harmonised legislation and other regulatory procedures in the ECTEL Member States.
- Oversee the development and promotion of ECTEL’s public relations plan.
- Liaise with the OECS Commission and other related regional entities on the implementation of specific programs and projects related to electronic communications and ICT.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bold leader with the ability to make decisions that keep the business moving forward, while evaluating and communicating the risks throughout the organisation and ensuring that the Board, Council and the NTRCs are well prepared.
- Empathetic relationship-building skills, with a genuine interest in the team at all levels and the ability to provide support when required, to ensure desired outputs are delivered.
- Genuine and authentic leader who is able to translate and present their own personal values in an honest, transparent way, that builds trust and conveys a passion for electronic communications.
- Adept at building and maintaining strong relationships with staff, stakeholders, partners, third parties, Board and Council with the influencing skills required to drive decision making.
- Act as a “Brand Ambassador” both by presenting the public-facing work of ECTEL in a compelling manner and by owning the message, as ECTEL seeks to rebrand in the evolving electronic communications sector in the region.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to develop and implement a strategic plan that meets the requirements of its Treaty and national legislation. He/she must be able to develop the right systems, structure, and talent to meet the needs of ECTEL.
- Ability to communicate effortlessly, share ideas, and foster collaboration with stakeholders at all levels and over different platforms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant telecommunications/electronic communications regulations and policy issues.
- Sound understanding of effective governance in not-for-profit organisations and familiarity with CARICOM policy-making environments.
- Higher management qualification (e.g. MBA)
- Degree Level in Social Sciences, Telecommunications, Business, Computer Science or Law.
- Relevant specialist / technical qualification (e.g. regulation of telecommunications or other sector)
- A proven track record of successful leadership within a multi-stakeholder organisation;
- Proven track record of successful financial management, including the management of substantial budgets.
- Extensive experience and demonstrable success in leading and managing organisational change.
- Experience successfully developing and sustaining a customer-focused culture.
- Experience managing contracts, including tendering and procuring to achieve organisational objectives
Saint Lucia is an island country in the West Indies in the eastern Caribbean Sea on the boundary with the Atlantic Ocean. The capital city of Saint Lucia is Castries (population 60,263) where 32.4% of the population lives. Other major towns include Gros Islet, Soufrière, and Vieux Fort. The population tends to be concentrated around the coast, with the interior more sparsely populated, due to the presence of dense forests. The official language is English. Saint Lucian French Creole (Kwéyòl), which is colloquially referred to as Patois (“Patwa”), is spoken by 95% of the population. The local climate is tropical, specifically a tropical rainforest climate under the Köppen climate classification, moderated by northeast trade winds, with a dry season from 1 December to 31 May, and a wet season from 1 June to 30 November (referred to by locals as the hurricane season). Average daytime temperatures are around 30 °C (86.0 °F), and average night-time temperatures are around 24 °C (75.2 °F). Since it is fairly close to the equator, the temperature does not fluctuate much between winter and summer. Average annual rainfall ranges from 1,300 mm (51.2 in) on the coast to 3,810 mm (150 in) in the mountain rainforests.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send the most recent English version of your CV to ECTEL-MD@sri-executive.com on or before 20 June 2022.
Notice expires at 8:01pm on Friday May 20th, 2022