Type of Vacancy: Other
Details of the Post
The Investment Centre (CFI) promotes investment in food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing in developing countries and countries in transition, assisting governments and country stakeholders, main development partners, in particular international financing institutions with the strategic planning and implementation of their investments to achieve food security and nutrition, make agriculture, forestry and fisheries more sustainable and productive, reduce rural poverty, make food value chains more efficient and inclusive and promote climate change adaptation and/or mitigation.
CFI is a multidisciplinary centre composed of four regionally focused services, namely Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Service, Asia and the Pacific Service, Europe and Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean Service, and Near East, North Africa, and West Africa Service.The posts are located in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Service (CFIA), Asia and the Pacific Service (CFIB), Europe and Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean (CFIC) and Near East, North Africa, and West Africa Service (CFIE).
Requested Technical Profiles (or Job Titles):
- Rural Finance Officer;
- Agribusiness/Food Systems Officer;
- Rural Institutions Officer;
- Rural Sociologist;
- Land Tenure Officer;
- rrigation and Rural Infrastructure Engineer;
- Agricultural Officer;
- Forestry Officer;
- Fishery Officer;
- Animal Production and Health Officer;
- Natural Resources Management/ Climate Change Officer.
The Investment Support Officer reports to the Chief, Eastern, Central and Southern Africa Service (CFIA), or the Chief, Asia and the Pacific Service (CFIB), or the Chief, Europe and Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean (CFIC), or the Chief, Near East, North Africa, and West Africa Service (CFIE).
Provision of technical expertise/assistance and support to capacity development for (i) the design of investment operations, in collaboration with country stakeholders and cooperating partners, to mobilize resources for food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing; and (ii) implementation support and evaluation of investment operations, in accordance with the FAO Strategic Framework.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams to assist governments in the identification and preparation of investment operations in the fields of for food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing, and participates in pre-appraisal and appraisal missions.
- Supports the implementation of investment operations and the preparation of final evaluation.
- Participates in the preparation of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing studies and strategies, in the formulation of national sector and/or sub-sector investment plans and programmes.
- Supports the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems involving producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, civil society organizations and governments.
- Contributes to capacity development activities in the areas of for food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment support to government staff, non-state actors and private sector organizations.
- Prepares reports in accordance with governments and financing partners’ requirements.
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences, and interacts with international and national partners.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains relationships with relevant Strategic Programmes, FAO Technical Units and Decentralised Offices in order to ensure best synergies between investment, policy and innovation work in support to member countries.
- Supports resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
Notice expires at 6:00pm on Tuesday April 13th, 2021