Type of Vacancy: Community Vacancies / Expired Notices
Details of the Post
The Government of Montserrat is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Family Nurse Practitioners, within the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
“Family Nurse Practitioners” are advanced practice registered nurses who work autonomously or in collaboration with other healthcare professionals to deliver family-focused care.
The selected applicant as Family Nurse Practitioner will assist in providing nursing and medical services to the population of Montserrat.
The details are outlined as follows:
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Family Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
- To conduct comprehensive health examination including physical, psycho-social and developmental assessments of clients, families and communities
- Plan, implement and evaluate health care with individuals, family and the communities based on identified needs
- Manage health problems across all age groups according to established guidelines by:
- Requesting, performing and interpreting selective laboratory and other diagnostic procedures
- Ordering/ prescribing of drugs according to the Nurses and Midwives Act
- Diagnose, treat and follow up cases as appropriate under the supervision of the District Medical Officer (DMO) and in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives Act
- Ensure that assessments and care are recorded according to documentation standards
- Refer and accept referrals from other health professionals and agencies
- Participate in the development, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and services within the Primary Health Care Department.
- Participates in quality assurance audits and medication administration review.
- Facilitates and participates in continuing education
- Participates in the epidemiological surveillance of both Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases and health related conditions
- events to keep abreast of current developments in the nursing industry.
Qualifications – Essential
- Certificate/ MSc Family Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate/BSc in General Nursing
- Valid basic life support (BLS) certificate
- Valid driver’s licence
- Member of the professional association for Nurses (MNA)
- Certificate/Diploma / BSc in Midwifery
Qualifications – Desirable
- Master’s Degree in Family Nurse Practitioner
- Post basic training Mental Health, Accident and Emergency or other post basic course
Terms of Reference
Detailed Terms of Reference for the post of Family Nurse Practitioner can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Terms-of-Reference-Family-Nurse-Practitioner-v0.5.pdf
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The remuneration package for the post of Family Nurse Practitioner is EC$138,000.00 per annum (taxable).
HOW TO APPLY
|For detailed information on the terms of reference and the post of Family Nurse Practitioner please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms. Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application. Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resource Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.|
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Monday April 05, 2021
Notice expires at 4:00pm on Monday April 5th, 2021