Active and informed youth participation is part of the process of empowerment and knowledge building in the Community. As a significant step in promoting a place for youth in decision-making on biodiversity-related issues, the Secretariat invites young persons to participate in the 2022 International day for Biological Diversity Youth Competition.
- Caribbean youth can submit videos focusing on the IDB 2022 theme and topic: “Building a shared future for all life”; and national and regional youth priorities for the Global Biodiversity Framework
- Ages 18 to 35 Caribbean nationals involved in environmental and biodiversity-related activities
- Audio-visual video submissions no more than 5 minutes long, 1 submission per individual
- Criteria: quality, creativity, logical solution that addresses theme and topic
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. 1st Place Award: fully funded participation at the Open-Ended Working Group Session in Nairobi, Kenya; United Nations Convention for Biological Diversity Fifteenth Conference of Parties (COP15); and CARICOM negotiators preparatory meetings training workshops
Sponsors: UN Environment, OECS Commission, Caribbean Hub ACP MEAs Phase III Project
- Submit entries by the deadline of 31 May 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org