Closing Date: April 24, 2017
The Cooperative Republic of Guyana has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through a Technical Cooperation Agreement, to execute the Project: Support for the Implementation of the Citizen Security Strategy (ATN/OC-14259-GY). A part of the funds will be applied to payments relating to the Consultancy Services to Prepare the Final Monitoring and Evaluation Report for the Technical Cooperation Project: Support for the Implementation of the Citizen Security Strategy (ATN/OC-14259-GY).
2. The objective of the Project is to improve public sector efficiency in delivering services relating to crime prevention and security in Guyana. The specific objectives are: (i) modernization of the administrative structure and the strengthening of the institutional capacity to execute the mandates of the Ministry of Public Security, formally the Ministry of Home Affairs, and three key institutions under its administration (Guyana Police Force, Guyana Prison Service, and Guyana Fire Service); (ii) improved access to services of isolated communities; and (iii) a reduction of the levels of youth involvement in criminal activities.
3. The objective of the consultancy is to conduct the final evaluation of the Technical Cooperation Project: Support for the Implementation of the Citizen Security Strategy (ATN/OC-14259-GY), with extensive evaluation of Component 3, Training of At-risk Youth. To this end the consultancy will identify and measure the results of the project at the output and outcome levels image.
4. The Ministry of Public Security now invites applications (including Curriculum Vitae and References from two recent assignments) from suitably qualified individual consultants to execute the consultancy, in accordance with requirements provided in the Terms of Reference.
5. The Terms of Reference can be obtained, by email request, from the Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The applications, in triplicate, in print form, must be placed in an envelope labeled at the top right hand side: “Ministry of Public Security: Consultancy Services to Prepare the Final Monitoring and Evaluation Report for the Technical Cooperation Project: Support for the Implementation of the Citizen Security Strategy (ATN/OC-14259-GY)”; and submitted to: The Chairman, National Procurement and Tender Administration Board, Main and Urquhart Streets, Georgetown, Guyana, South America; on or before 9:00 am, on 9 May 2017.
7. Further information can be obtained from the Project Coordinator at telephone numbers: 592-222-8862, 8866; or email address: email@example.com.
Ministry of Public Security
Notice expires at 11:16am on Tuesday May 9th, 2017