RFP: Procurement of Project Coordinator for GCF Build Project
The GCF Build Project is a six (6) year project (formally titled Resilience to Hurricanes in the Building Sector of Antigua and Barbuda) being implemented by the Government of Antigua and Barbuda (GOAB) with financing from the Green Climate (GCF) and the GOAB. The main objective of this project is to shift the country’s building sector away from reactive development – involving costly recovery actions after an extreme climate event – towards a proactive approach in which buildings are adapted to withstand the increased frequency and intensity of hurricanes, in line with the scientific predictions for climate change. This proactive approach will include direct investments into critical public service and community buildings (including health physical infrastructure) to climate-proof them against Category 4 and 5 hurricanes. Mainstreaming climate resilience into the building and financial sectors as well as facilitating the upscaling of such interventions across all buildings in the country will also be a primary focus. The project approach to resilience building will include the following main activities
- Implement climate-proofing measures on critical infrastructure. This involves the following measures for 52 priority buildings
- Mainstream climate change adaptation into the building sector by making provision for the Building Code in the Physical Planning Act 2003 to become regulations and updating the Environmental Management System plans under the Environmental Protection and Management Act 2019 to encourage the private sector to also become climate resilient.
- Climate information services are strengthened to facilitate early action for extreme climate events.
The overarching objective of this ‘Project Coordinator’ position is to, inter alia: provide coordination and implementation services for the GCF Build Project; and to ensure that the required outputs and activities are accomplished in an efficient and timely manner as outlined in the GCF Build Project’s Funding Proposal (FP), Funded Activity Agreement (FAA) and the Project Cooperation Agreement (PCA) between the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Environment .
The Project Coordinator for the GCF Build Project has the following key responsibilities:
- Provide technical and administrative leadership as well as inputs into the work of the project team and act as the representative of the project at all levels;
- Observe policies and project management procedures of the AE to facilitate implementation and ensure delivery of high-quality outcomes and deliverables;
- Manage project files and data security across outputs;
- Facilitate responsive project learning through independent evaluations of activities and project impact, and communicate results to a wide audience;
- Complete any other task designated for the Project Coordinator in the project’s Funding Proposal and Funded Activity Agreement or assigned by the Project Manager.
- Facilitate all project’s necessary legislative and contractual arrangements with the GCF for the project;
Notice expires at 11:59pm on Monday April 17th, 2023