Closing Date: September 19, 2018
Invitation to Bid (ITB)
[17 September 2018]
ORGANISATION OF EASTERN CARIBBEAN STATES
Accounting Software for the OECS Finance and Accounting Unit
Bid No: OECS-FAU-PAS-01
1. The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Commission invites Bids for the
Procurement of Accounting Software.
The accounting software is being considered as a platform in the wider context of an
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the Commission in the future. Hence, a
robust accounting software that has the capacity to interface with a range of other software
packages procured for the various service areas within the Organisation is needed. Other
interfacing packages may include payroll, procurement, project development and
management and travel authorisation.
It is expected that the software will support a chart of accounts that enables both Project
and Financial Accounting for the OECS Commission.
Key areas of functionality:
● Business Intelligence capability.
● Standard Financial Statements compliant with International Financial Reporting
● Retention of a minimum of five (5) years of detailed financial information
● Fully integrated modules
● Flexible and efficient reporting system
● Must have the capacity to host 40 Bank accounts or more.
The following modules are required:-
General Ledger/ Journal
Fixed Asset Management
* Payroll and inventory not needed
The selected Bidder shall implement the Software and also provide training, and relevant
support / maintenance during the warranty period.
2. Bidding will be conducted through the Invitation to Bid procurement method specified in The
Commission’s Procurement Guidelines revised June 2017, and is open to all eligible bidders.
3. Qualification/Selection requirements include:
a) To be pre-qualified, bidders must present a demo of the Software option being proposed to
b) Bidders must have experience in the supply of goods similar to the goods in the bid for a
period of at least three (3) years prior to the deadline for bid submission.
c) The Bidders shall submit reference lists for not less than one (1) successfully completed
similar contract during the last five (5) years, for similar goods (based on bids submitted
for the named software), for an amount of not less than US$70,000.00:
If the bidder is a Joint Venture (JV), all members should jointly meet all qualification
requirements and the member in charge should have at least one (1) successfully completed
similar contract during the last five (5) years.
d) Bidders shall submit documentary evidence of compliance to the Technical
e) Financial Offer.
The award of contract will be made to the lowest responsive bidder who meets the prequalification
and post-qualification requirements.
4. Interested eligible bidders are required to submit a written application to the email address below,
which should include the pre-qualification information in 3. b) and c) above, and a statement on the
willingness to present the demo. Date and time arrangements will be made for presentation of the
demo, which can be done virtually or in person. The demo and the pre-qualification information will
be evaluated and bidders will be pre-qualified. The written request should reach the Commission’s
office ON OR BEFORE October 5, 2018.
Attn: Head of Procurement
P.O. Box 179, Castries, Saint Lucia
5. The complete set of Bidding Document, in English will be sent free of charge, by electronic mail to
pre-qualified eligible bidders, who will be invited to submit a technical and financial offer. The PDF
version of the Bidding Document will be the binding one. For the convenience of Bidders, an unofficial MS Word copy of the Bidding Document will be included in the email.
6. For technical and financial offers, Bids must be addressed, as stated below, and be deposited in the Bid Box located in the Reception area of The Commission’s Office following conducting the pre-qualification process, at a date to be announced later. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
BID FOR Procurement of Accounting Software, Bid No: OECS-FAU-PAS-01
Attn: Head of Procurement
Castries, SAINT LUCIA
7. Bids will be opened at the Castries Conference Room, OECS Commission, Morne Fortune, Castries, Saint Lucia, in the presence of bidders who choose to attend, following the deadline for delivery of bids, at a date to be announced following pre-qualification.
8. Bids reaching after the closing date and time will be rejected.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration, with a one (1) year automatic suspension for any breach. The Bid Securing Declaration is to be submitted in the format stipulated in the Bidding Document.
10. Bid evaluation and award will be as follows:
a) Evaluation of Demo and Prequalification information – The evaluation of the demo will assess the functionality of the software and how it meets the needs of the OECS Commission
b) Conformance to the Technical Specifications
c) Financial Offer
Additional details will be provided in the Bidding Document.
11. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded contracts.
12. Please note that The Commission is not bound to select any of the bids submitted. The Commission also reserves the right to cancel this invitation in its entirety or even partially without incurring any liability to the bidders.
13. The detailed background and software requirements are attached to this procurement Notice.