Expression of Interest for Providing VIP Rental Vehicles for the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat.
1 OVERALL OBJECTIVE
The shortlisting of suitable contractors to provide rental of VIP vehicles to transport senior officials while attending meetings with the CARICOM Secretariat in Guyana.
The Secretariat requires the provision VIP vehicles with chauffeur for rental on an on-call basis to be assigned to senior officials during their stay in Guyana. The vehicles will be required to transport delegates to and from the airport(s) and to official meetings and any other engagements.
Shortlisted contractors will be engaged initially for a period of two (2) years, with the possibility of a further extension, subject to a positive performance review.
4 SELECTION CRITERIA
Contractors will be shortlisted and selected based on the following considerations:
- Access to an adequate supply of vehicles and suitable chauffeurs, when required to provide requested service.
- Experience providing similar service and ability to show proof of ownership or legal access to vehicle(s) matching the specification identified in Points I – XVI below.
- Competitiveness of hourly and other rates proposed.
Vehicles proposed for use by contractors will be subject to an inspection before selection to confirm the details provided on the Expression of Interest form.
5 GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS OF PREFERRED VEHICLES
The contractors will be required to provide the services in accordance with industry standards, using vehicle(s) that satisfy the following requirements (this list is not exhaustive):
- Sober colour
- Saloon type or SUV
- At least 5 seats but not more than 7 seats
- Functioning air conditioner
- Functioning wipers
- Functioning windows
- All exterior and interior lights must be working.
- Engine not less than 1500 CC.
- Tires must be in very good condition and must be of the same size.
- Good spare tire must be present.
- At least two large black umbrellas must be in the car. These must be in good working order.
- Fitness, insurance, and road license must be current.
- Exterior and interior conditions must be immaculate.
- No logo or other makings on the exterior of the car
- No religious regalia or paraphernalia inside or on the outside of the car.
- No scented air freshener
- Tint must be within the legal specifications.
In addition to the above, the following considerations are desirable:
- Chauffeur must be polite with proper deportment.
- Chauffeurs must provide valid police clearance and driver’s license.
- Chauffeur must exercise care, observe the laws, and exercise the 5Cs of road safety.
Payment would be based on rate agreed upon for airport trips and hourly rates for waiting time and transportation in and around Georgetown.
7 REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATIONS
All queries relating to this Expression of Interest shall be emailed to:email@example.com c.c. firstname.lastname@example.org.
8 SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applications must be delivered along with the completed Expression of Interest form and copies of the requested documents for receipt on or before 12 May 2023 at 16:00hrs (Guyana time) to the following email addresses: email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the following address with the caption “Expression of Interest for VIP Cars”:
Programme Manager, Procurement
Tel: 592 – 222 – 0001 – 6, Ext: 2616/ 2243