Youth development & Sports was established as a specialist area within Government about 40 years ago to focus on the development of appropriate structure that would provide the opportunity for all Saint Lucians through their respective communities to have equal access to youth, sports and leisure programs and facilities.
The mandate of the Ministry is to facilitate the development, co-ordination, implementation and evaluation of policies, programmes and other initiates that would empower citizens, particularly the youth, with unconscious competence in leadership, fitness, wellness and nation building for sustainable global recognition.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a five-year Strategic Plan for the period 2021- 2026, to ensure that Ministry of Youth Development & Sports fulfils its mandate.
3. Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to:
a) Review the vision and mission based on Ministry’s mandate.
b) Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis.
c) Undertake a situation analysis of the Ministry’s operations to date.
d) Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the Ministry.
e) Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the Ministry’s mandate and identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, if any.
f) Propose monitoring and evaluating strategies and mechanisms to ensure the effective implementation of the Strategic Plan.
f) Develop a Results and Resources Framework (Performance Indicators) for the plan period.
- Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops
- A five-year strategic plan including a results and resources framework
5. Time Span
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 30 man-days.
6. Institutional Arrangements
The Consultant will report directly to the Permanent Secretary or her designate. The Ministry of Youth development & Sports will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment.
The Ministry of Youth & Sports shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Public Management/ Administration.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, facilitation, communication and reporting skills.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in strategic planning; experience in organizational and change management an advantage
- Highly motivated and committed to the values of transparency and integrity
- Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs, especially in the area of capacity building and organizational development.
- Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
8. Application process
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include the following:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Proposal for implementing the assignment
Applications can be dropped off at the Office on Micoud Street or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should reach us no later than November 30, 2020 addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Youth Development & Sports
Micoud Street, Castries
Notice expires at 11:59pm on Monday November 30th, 2020