Closing Date: February 21, 2017
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/The Bank) is seeking to recruit a dynamic professional to assume the role of Risk Management Officer. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael Barbados.
CDB is a regional multilateral development bank which was established in October 1969 to contribute to the harmonious economic growth and development of the member countries in the Caribbean Region and to promote economic cooperation and integration among them, having special and urgent regard to the needs of the less-developed members of the Region. CDB began operations in January 1970 and has become a leading catalyst for providing development financing, technical assistance and policy advice to its Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) for the reduction of poverty.
Reporting to the CRO, the RMO will be a key member of the ORM. The RMO will be actively involved in the bank’s risk management initiative, with primary responsibilities for the management of financial and non-financial risks. The RMO will have secondary responsibilities for risk reporting and quantitative analysis and will also be expected to contribute to the delivery of the new enterprise risk framework in accordance with the Bank’s strategic direction.
The successful candidate must have:
1. A first degree and a post-graduate degree in a numerate discipline.
2. A sound credit (risk) background is of paramount importance and experience working in a corporate/commercial credit function of a bank is required. Multilateral Development Bank exposure is desirable.
3. Significant experience in the use of risk quantitative techniques.
4. A proven ability to conduct research, data analysis and mathematical modelling.
5. Sound experience in sovereign, sector and project analysis.
6. Strong experience in the analysis of business metrics and the formulation of Key Risk and Performance Indicators.
7. Experience in delivering risk measurement and management for diverse stakeholders.
8. A general understanding of economic capital and risk-based performance measures.
9. High ethical standards and an uncompromising sense of integrity.
The successful candidate must be willing to live and work in Barbados.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with these responsibilities and which responds to market demands is being offered.
Applications should be completed online in English at the Bank’s career page. Full Details of the job opportunity and general information about the Caribbean Development Bank may be obtained from the Bank’s website at http://www.caribank.org. The closing date for the application is March 19, 2017.
Notice expires at 3:17pm on Sunday March 19th, 2017