Closing Date: June 27, 2017
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) is seeking to recruit an experienced professional to assume the role of Integrity, Compliance and Accountability (ICA) Officer. The ICA Officer will support the Head, ICA in the operationlisation of the Strategic Framework for Integrity, Compliance and Accountability (Strategic Framework) and the management of ICA. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
CDB is a regional multilateral development bank which was established in October 1969 to contribute to the harmonious economic growth and development of the member countries in the Caribbean region and to promote economic cooperation and integration among them, having special and urgent regard to the needs of the less-developed members of the Region. CDB began operations in January 1970 and has become a leading catalyst for providing development financing, technical assistance (TA) and policy advice to its Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) for the reduction of poverty.
This position reports directly to the Head, ICA. The ICA Officer will leverage his/her knowledge and skills to implement procedures to operationalise ICA; train staff on integrity, ethics and compliance issues; conduct and manage assessments and investigations of any alleged violations related to CDB activities; and make recommendations and to assist the Head, ICA in operationalisation and management of the office.
The successful candidate must have:
1. A first degree and postgraduate qualification in a related field, preferably Law, Finance, Internal Audit or Business Administration.
1. Five (5) years’ experience with at least three (3) years or more in a role that covered one or more of the Functions.
2. Experience in resolving complaints and grievances using negotiation, mediation and other non-litigation conflict resolution techniques.
3. Excellent research skills.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss and defend issues, findings and recommendations at senior levels and to produce complex and compelling briefs, reports and papers.
– 2 –
5. High ethical standards and an uncompromising sense of integrity, ethics, personal responsibility, ambition and accountability.
Knowledge of or work experience in the following would be advantageous:
i. development issues relevant to the Caribbean;
ii. the role and responsibilities of integrity offices, ethics offices, compliance offices and independent accountability mechanisms;
iii. a regional organisation, multilateral development bank or other international organisation; and
iv. a second language preferably Spanish, French or Dutch.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with these responsibilities and which responds to market demands is being offered.
Applications should be completed online in English at the Bank’s career page. Full Details of the job opportunity and general information about the Caribbean Development Bank may be obtained from the Bank’s website at http://www.caribank.org. The closing date for the application is July 14, 2017
Notice expires at 10:32am on Friday July 14th, 2017