Type of Vacancy: Community Vacancies
Details of the Post
The Government of Montserrat is seeking to recruit a Senior Crown Counsel in the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution (ODPP). The Office of the Director of Public Prosecution falls within the remit of the Governor, as Head of the Public Service. Prosecuting Counsel are expected to do far more than provide representation in court; they are in fact required to deliver advice on a wide range of matters separate and apart from investigations as well as participate in the ODPP’s delivery of training to the Royal Montserrat Police Service (RMPS) and other agencies.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE’ PROFILE
The Candidate must:
- be a Barrister or Solicitor of no less than 7 years’ practice experience in the prosecution of Criminal offences.
- have a working knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Act with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience. Reported cases in this area would be an asset.
- possess at minimum an LLB or its equivalent and should be entitled to practise in any Commonwealth Jurisdiction.
- Possesses experience in mentoring of junior counsel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment, include:
- a contractual appointment for a period of two (2) years;
- an attractive remuneration package to include basic salary, housing allowance, and transport allowance totaling EC$262,000.00 per annum (taxable)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the post of Senior Crown Counsel (ODPP) can be obtained from the following link at https://www.gov.ms/government/legal-department/director-of-public-prosecutions/dpp-publications/
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and notarized copies of relevant academic qualifications.
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat. The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday October 30, 2020.
Notice expires at 4:00pm on Friday October 30th, 2020