Type of Vacancy: Expired Notices
Details of the Post
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB/the Bank) seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator- Agence Française De Développement- Caribbean Investment Facility Programme (PC-ADF). The Project administration will be located in the Economic Infrastructure Division (EID) of the Projects Department. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
On June 17, 2016, CDB and AFD signed a non-sovereign loan without a sovereign state guarantee (the Credit Facility), aimed at supporting CDB and CDB’s members in their efforts to enhance competitiveness and spur growth in the region through climate resilient projects, as well as to diversify CDB’s sources of funding, which is one of CDB’s objectives. Prior to the establishment of this credit line, AFD and the European Union signed on October 1st, 2015 a Delegation Agreement establishing the terms and conditions of a grant under the Caribbean Investment Facility (the CIF Contribution). This CIF Contribution, whose responsibility for execution has been transferred to CDB through the Financial Agreement signed between CDB and AFD will be crucial to facilitate the emergence of solid, well-designed infrastructure projects and to allow successful implementation of projects in the relevant countries financed or to be financed in priority by the Credit Line.
Reporting to the Division Chief, Economic Infrastructure Division or his designate and working directly with CDB’s Economic Infrastructure Division, the PC-AFD will have overall responsibility to oversee the effective execution of the AFD-CIF Programme. This programme will facilitate the preparation and implementation of sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure projects in line with CDB’s mandate in the region. Specifically, the Programme seeks to:
- facilitate the preparation and implementation of sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure projects in the Caribbean Region (indicatively, in the sectors of energy, transport, water and sanitation); and
- support CDB and the implementing agencies within CDB’s Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) in the execution of projects.
The PC-AFD will have overall responsibility for effective execution for the remaining elements of the programme. Key activities include:
- Support CDB and BMC teams with the implementation of the projects financed by the Credit Facility, by CDB and the BMCs. This task will include regular missions in the BMCs
- Monitor the execution of Technical Assistance studies under implementation by CDB staff
- Manage consultancies for any additional sectorial studies to be funded by the programme
- Preparation of a workplan of activities for this engagement
- Preparing quarterly and end-of-project reports on the progress/results of the programme, key issues and lessons learned
- Supporting CDB’s communication plan in coordination with CDB’s Communications Unit by:
- Developing a communication and visibility action plan for the programme
- publicising and highlighting the work of the Programme, both internally, within CDB, and externally, to partners and BMCs, on the studies and projects.
- preparing media and publicity materials, oriented internally, within CDB, and externally, towards partners and BMCs, on the studies and projects.
- organising workshops between CDB’s teams and BMCs aimed at: (i) review of actual practices and designing the best practices to work on project implementation between CDB and BMCs; and (ii) building an operational action plan for CDB to finance the pipeline of projects built on the basis of the studies.
- Supporting the assigned CDB Teams by overseeing the procurement of an external auditor and drafting the relevant Terms of References.
- Supporting the assigned CDB Teams in the production of a mid-term and a final financial audit report to be carried out by an independent and reputable auditing firm to be appointed by CDB.
Ideal candidates for this role must have:
- A post-graduate degree or equivalent qualification in a Civil Engineering, Climate and/or Environmental Engineering, or any relevant subject area.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of relevant project management experience.
- Expertise working in energy, transport, water and sanitation, and/or climate change mitigation and resilience sectors.
- Experience with credit lines / project finance structures in energy, transport, water and sanitation, and/or climate change mitigation and resilience sector (or any other relevant financing schemes).
Experience with multilateral development banking procedures will be an asset.
Experience with local organizations in charge of implementing public infrastructure strategies/policies would be an asset.
The PC-AFD must possess:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and motivate others towards achieving objectives.
- Ability to operate with sensitivity in a multicultural environment and to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to effectively adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent representational skills.
|Acting as a Champion for Change||Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.|
|Acting Decisively||Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.|
|Acting Strategically||Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.|
|Championing Customer Needs||Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions; and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.|
|Communicating Effectively||Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.|
|Delivering High Quality Work||Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.|
|Displaying Technical Expertise||Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.|
|Driving for Results||Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.|
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This role is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted until December 2, 2023. The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
- You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
- You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of information supplied and assures you that we will not discuss your background and interest with anyone including references, without your prior consent.
The deadline for submission of applications November 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm AST.
The Caribbean Development Bank is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bank provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request such accommodation.