Radiographer - Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Radiographer within the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
The purpose of this job is to obtain radiographic images through radiographic examinations performed on a patient, in order to facilitate diagnosis or surgical intervention.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Office Duties
- Responsible for the procurement and storing of radiographic supplies.
- Record, process and maintain patient data and treatment records, and prepare reports.
- Receive and record patient demographics and particulars of examination to be done.
- Ensure the department’s filing system is maintained as per patients’ information, radiographs and other important documents.
- Order office supplies from the hospital stores or the main health office whenever supplies in the department are depleted.
- Perform routine and special radiographic examinations.
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during exam.
- Assist in the interpretation of radiographic examinations when asked by a physician or highlighting abnormalities that may be overlooked by the physician.
- Establish basic quality control and preventative maintenance programs to detect and correct tendencies towards system malfunction so as to ensure constancy of performance.
- Ensure radiation protection and safety measures are adhered to.
- Perform on call duties.
- Ensure record is kept of all maintenance procedures.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
- Demonstrate new equipment, procedures, and techniques to staff, and provide technical assistance.
3. Dark Room Procedures
- Remove and process film.
- Undertake processor maintenance procedures on a weekly basis.
- Mix processing chemical solutions for filling and replenish chemicals in the film processor.
- Clean and maintain X-ray accessories and cassette.
- Clean and maintain ECG machine
- Report any issues with the machine to Maintenance
- Perform ECG during normal working hours
- Requisition supplies from Medical Stores related to ECG service
- Print and provide ECG reports.
5. Administrative Responsibilities
Deputize in the absence of the Sonographer/Radiographer
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Applicant should:
- Possess a Diploma with 5 years’ experience or a degree with 3 years’ experience in Diagnostic Radiography;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff;
- Be able to work well within a team environment;
- Possess strong numerical and literacy skills;
- Be physically fit.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointments will be made on a contractual basis up until October 2019.
The salary scale for the post is R28-22, that is, EC$ 41,760 to $ 50,976 per annum (taxable).
A 12.5% gratuity will be paid upon successfully completing the contract.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.jobs.gov.ms. (Click on ‘Forms’). Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at 1 (664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
- NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday 15th June, 2018.