CARICOM, Italy sign cooperation agreement
Posted in: Press Releases | 10 December 2015 | 5220
CARICOM and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in areas of mutual interest, Thursday.
CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque and Italy’s Special Envoy for the Countries of the Caribbean, Paolo Serpi signed the document on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change conference, COP 21 in Paris, France.
The MOU is expected to strengthen political, scientific and technical relations, and promote development cooperation. The Major areas of focus will include:
Disaster risk management
Fight against organized crime,
Modernization of the productive sectors
Scientific and technological research
Sustainable tourism and agri-business
Youth policies and vocational training
- (2018/04/17) - CARICOM SG briefed by his Commonwealth counterpart ahead of Summit - Read more ...
- (2018/04/04) - Evidence-based, data-driven policies to address drug situation, other crimes – Khemraj Ramjattan - Read more ...
- (2018/04/03) - Clinton Global Action Network on post-disaster recovery launched with CARICOM participation - Read more ...
- (2018/03/14) - CARICOM to get German support for Marine Protection - Read more ...
- (2018/03/14) - Tourism Congress to address theme of building resilience in tourism sector - Read more ...