CARICOM, Italy sign cooperation agreement
Posted in: Press Releases | 10 December 2015 | 5112
CARICOM and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in areas of mutual interest, Thursday.
CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque and Italy’s Special Envoy for the Countries of the Caribbean, Paolo Serpi signed the document on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change conference, COP 21 in Paris, France.
The MOU is expected to strengthen political, scientific and technical relations, and promote development cooperation. The Major areas of focus will include:
Disaster risk management
Fight against organized crime,
Modernization of the productive sectors
Scientific and technological research
Sustainable tourism and agri-business
Youth policies and vocational training
- (2018/03/14) - CARICOM to get German support for Marine Protection - Read more ...
- (2018/03/14) - Tourism Congress to address theme of building resilience in tourism sector - Read more ...
- (2018/03/01) - COMMUNIQUÉ – 29th Intersessional Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of CARICOM - Read more ...
- (2018/02/28) - The Bahamas signs CARICOM Arrest Warrant Treaty - Read more ...
- (2018/02/27) - Barbados Prime Minister signs Agreements at CARICOM Inter-Sessional - Read more ...