The CCRIF Regional Internship Programme: Announcement of Scholarships for Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Studies
Posted in: Regional News by volderine | 24 May 2019 | 342
The CCRIF Regional Internship Programme
CCRIF is supporting a regional internship programme to provide career-related work experience for CARICOM and/or CCRIF Caribbean member country citizens that enhances the graduates’ academic training and provides a real world introduction to the graduates in the areas of disaster risk management, disaster risk financing, climate change, meteorology, risk transfer and/or risk modelling. CCRIF partners with national disaster management and meteorology offices and regional organizations involved in these areas.
CCRIF-UWI Undergraduate Scholarships 2019/2020
Scholarships for students of The University of the West Indies funded by CCRIF SPC
(Formerly the Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility)
Deadline is Sunday June 07, 2019.
Number of Awards: Four (4)
Value: US$4,000 per annum
Maximum Tenure: Two (2) years - for 2nd and final year of study only
The award will be based on the following criteria
- The scholarships are open to CARICOM nationals as well as nationals of CCRIF member countries pursuing a course of undergraduate study in any one of the following ten programmes:
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a major in Geography or Geology
- Faculty of Humanities and Education at Mona for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Engineering at Mona for a degree in Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a degree in Meteorology
- Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a degree in Civil with Environmental Engineering
- Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a degree in Land Management
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture at St. Augustine for a major in Geography
- Faculty of Science and Agriculture at St. Augustine for a degree in Environmental Natural Resource Management
- Faculty of Social Sciences at St. Augustine for a special management studies degree in Insurance and Risk Management
- The award will be based on academic performance (minimum GPA of 3.0). Awardees must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for the award in their final year.
Method of Selection:
Short-listed candidates will be selected by a panel comprising personnel from the UWI with recommendations made in selecting the final candidates. The final selection of awardees will be undertaken by CCRIF
Condition: The recipients are expected to:
- be registered full-time;
- be a second year student for the 2019/2020 academic year
How to Apply: Visit the scholarship section on your campus website to obtain the application form then submit along with the other relevant documents to the student financing office at each campus.
Deadline is Sunday June 07, 2019.
Please Note: Students who have withdrawn from the programme without good reason and the approval of the Academic Director, or who fail to complete the programme, will be required to repay the award.
SEE ADDITONAL NOTICES BELOW FOR :
1. SCHOLARSHIP FOR POST GRADUATE STUDIES
2. SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION GUIDELINES
or CCRIF Caribbean member country.
- (2019/08/08) - Crime and violence initiatives continue in CARIFORUM: Guyana consultation to agree on Crime and Violence and Mitigation Training - Read more ...
- (2019/07/17) - Regional Teaching Standards to be Reviewed - Read more ...
- (2019/07/08) - Keeping ‘Investing in Human Capital at the forefront of Sustainable Development - Read more ...
- (2019/06/28) - #ASKSGLive758 – CARICOM Secretary-General to once again engage youth - Read more ...
- (2019/06/14) - Ninth CARICOM/US CBSI concludes: At-Risk and Vulnerable Youth targeted for Crime Prevention Initiatives - Read more ...