Finance and Administration Officer, Human and Social Development
Closing Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Management or Accounting or related disciplines plus at least five (5) years of relevant and equivalent level experience gained from working in one or more of the following:
- A regional organisation.
- An international organisation.
- A government agency.
- A multinational corporation.
- A national/regional private sector organisation or non-Governmental organization (NGO).
Specialised training and good working knowledge in:
- Time Management
- Team building
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Project Management
- IT applications for office administration (MS Office, basic accounting applications etc.)
- Events Planning and Management
- Human Relations and Customer Service
- Records Management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Health and Human Development the Finance and Administration Officer will be required to:
- DRAFT inputs for briefs, reports and presentations and correspondence as directed by the Coordinator, Health and Human Development;
- RESEARCH issues under the project;
- ORGANIZE and SCHEDULE internal meetings convened under the project ensuring that, among other things, arrangements related to venue, notification, documentation are properly addressed;
- UNDERTAKE rapporteurial functions at meetings as directed by the Coordinator Health and Human Development;
- ENSURE that reports of meetings are completed and distributed in accordance with agreed distribution lists and within the agreed time frame;
- DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT and MAINTAIN a database of all documentation in relation to the outputs under the project, including all correspondence, reports, accounting information and contact information;
- ESTABLISH and OPERATE mechanisms to monitor the trail of correspondence, directives, decisions and all other forms of communication under the project;
- MAINTAIN an efficient system for filing of all correspondence relating to the project ensuring easy retrieval and security of the system;
- LIAISE/FOLLOW UP with the CARICOM Finance Programme to monitor expenditure against budget lines under the project;
- ASSIST with any budget changes and the accompanying justification arising from programming changes;
- UNDERTAKE all administrative and preparatory work in obtaining the necessary approval to support the financial arrangements for travel e.g. approved TRs, MSRs, etc.;
- PREPARE travel requests and travel claims forms for signature and submit to the appropriate Accounting Officer in a timely manner;
- ENSURE and PREPARE for payment approval in timely and accurate manner for services rendered under the project;
- MONITOR to ensure that the financial, administrative and procurement standards established by the International Development Partners (IDPs), the EU and Secretariat are adhered to;
- PREPARE and COORDINATE financial and technical reports to be submitted to the European Union Delegation and other internal stakeholders in a timely manner;
- PREPARE expense claim reports emanating from meetings and ensuring that relevant supporting documentation is provided [e.g. attendance records];
- LIAISE with Finance on any audit matters;
- ASSIST Finance with the preparation of cash forecasts to support the funding needs of the project; and
- PERFORM any other relevant duty from time to time in keeping with the functions under the project as assigned by the Coordinator, Health and Human Development.
Note: Applications should be sent to applnhrm@Caricom.org