Clerk, Travel Unit, Procurement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should possess five (5) subjects GCE ‘O’ Levels/CXC Grades 1 and 2 including English Language and Mathematics plus at least five (5) years of relevant and equivalent level experience as a Travel Consultant or Reservations/Ticketing agent working in one or more of the following:
- Travel Agency
- Travel Unit/Department
Specialised training and good working knowledge in:
- Global Distribution System (GDS) preferably Sabre or Amadeus.
- The Travel Industry.
- MS Office and on-line hotel and airline booking sites and procedures.
- Interpersonal and Customer service.
- Oral and written communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Project Officer, Travel Unit the Clerk, Travel Unit will be required to:
- ACTION hotel accommodation requests using the Global Distribution System (GDS)/internet or by liaising directly with approved hotels, external meeting coordinators or other service providers.
- DISTRIBUTE records of Hotel Accommodation to clients.
- ASSIST with processing flight reservations and ticketing as necessary using the Global Distribution System (GDS)/internet or by liaising with approved travel service providers under the guidance of the Administrative Assistant/Project Officer Travel.
- PROCESS enquiries relating to hotel accommodation; research accommodation options in compliance with approved standards and per diem.
- REQUEST tax exemptions letters from HRM as necessary and submit to travel service providers.
- COMPILE flight arrival/departure details and submit to the Transportation Desk for the processing of local airport transfers; CONFIRM and CROSS-CHECK against e-tickets issued.
- UTILISE the corporate credit card for room guarantee/approved pre-payments ensuring that charges are logged in the database; VERIFY and RESPOND to the Project Officer, Travel Unit regarding queries on charges appearing on the credit card statement; SOLICIT authorization from Project Officer, Travel Unit/Director-Finance for requests to use other than as agreed.
- UPDATE all records in the database with relevant data.
- MAINTAIN electronic/hard copy filing in accordance with agreed standards.
- RESPOND to and/or follow up on customer queries.
- REQUEST quotations from service providers to facilitate preparation of Purchase Orders. DISPATCH copies of approved Purchase Orders to internal and external service providers.
In addition to the Activities outlined above, the incumbent is expected to perform other related duties as assigned.