The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) invites applications from among nationals of its member countries for the position of Investment Officer, Treasury to work in its Treasury Unit of the Finance and Corporate Planning Department. The successful candidate will be based at CDB’s headquarters in St. Michael, Barbados.
CDB is a regional multilateral development bank which was established in October 1969 to contribute to the harmonious economic growth and development of the member countries in the Caribbean Region and to promote economic cooperation and integration among them, having special and urgent regard to the needs of the less-developed members of the Region. CDB began operations in January 1970 and has become a leading catalyst for providing development financing, technical assistance and policy advice to its Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) for the reduction of poverty.
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury Unit, the Investment Officer is generally accountable for cash and portfolio management, managing interest rate risk through the application of derivative products and monitoring the computer systems in use to assess their relevance and suitability in a changing environment.
Eligible candidates should have:
1. A first degree in Finance, Economics or a professional Accounting qualification and five (5) years relevant experience. A post graduate degree in International Finance or at least Level 2 of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation would be an asset.
2. Technical expertise in the fields of financial analysis and investment portfolio management.
3. Knowledge of international capital markets, policies and strategies gained from actual experience.
4. Knowledge and experience in the application and valuation of various financial products and hands-on experience in the use of trading, investment and settlement systems.
5. A proven track record of successful portfolio management.
The successful candidate must be willing to live and work in Barbados.
An attractive compensation package commensurate with these responsibilities and which responds to market demands is being offered.
- 2 -
Applications should be completed online in English at the Bank’s career page. Full details of the job opportunity and general information about the Caribbean Development Bank may be obtained from the Bank’s website at http://www.caribank.org
. The closing date for applications is November 18, 2016