CARICOM, Italy sign cooperation agreement
Posted in: Press Releases | 10 December 2015 | 4846
CARICOM and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in areas of mutual interest, Thursday.
CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque and Italy’s Special Envoy for the Countries of the Caribbean, Paolo Serpi signed the document on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change conference, COP 21 in Paris, France.
The MOU is expected to strengthen political, scientific and technical relations, and promote development cooperation. The Major areas of focus will include:
Disaster risk management
Fight against organized crime,
Modernization of the productive sectors
Scientific and technological research
Sustainable tourism and agri-business
Youth policies and vocational training
- (2018/01/18) - “EU’s assistance crucial… to sustainable development” CARICOM/CARIFORUM SG - Read more ...
- (2018/01/16) - The Fight against crime and for security moves forward: CARIFORUM to launch 10th EDF on Crime and Security - Read more ...
- (2018/01/10) - St. Kitts and Nevis receives support for hurricane recovery effort - Read more ...
- (2017/12/27) - A year that will have a lasting impact – CARICOM Secretary-General - Read more ...
- (2017/12/07) - Our region needs to be a zone of peace”- PM tells CANSEC conference - Read more ...