CARICOM, Italy sign cooperation agreement
Posted in: Press Releases | 10 December 2015 | 4506
CARICOM and Italy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on cooperation in areas of mutual interest, Thursday.
CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque and Italy’s Special Envoy for the Countries of the Caribbean, Paolo Serpi signed the document on the sidelines of the UN Climate Change conference, COP 21 in Paris, France.
The MOU is expected to strengthen political, scientific and technical relations, and promote development cooperation. The Major areas of focus will include:
Disaster risk management
Fight against organized crime,
Modernization of the productive sectors
Scientific and technological research
Sustainable tourism and agri-business
Youth policies and vocational training
- (2017/10/19) - Dominica Minister says Caribbean can learn from its rebuilding efforts - Read more ...
- (2017/10/11) - CARICOM Chair begins discussions in Washington - Read more ...
- (2017/10/11) - Antigua and Barbuda adopts ‘different vision’ for agriculture - Read more ...
- (2017/09/27) - ‘Agriculture in Dominica, as we know it, now ceases to exist’ – OECS Commissioner - Read more ...
- (2017/09/27) - Dominica assured of continued CARICOM support – Chairman - Read more ...