CARICOM congratulates Jamaica at 54
Posted in: Press Releases | 05 August 2016 | 1376
The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) has congratulated Jamaica on its 54th Anniversary of Independence and pledged continued support for the country’s efforts to achieve even greater levels of development.
In the congratulatory message to Jamaica’s Prime Minister Mr. Andrew Holness, CARICOM Secretary-General Ambassador Irwin LaRocque noted the country’s impressive strides in its development since independence in 1962, made through the people’s industry and creativity.
The theme for this year’s celebration “Let’s Get Together and Feel Alright” is drawn from the works of Jamaica’s late music superstar Bob Marley, whose excellence, the Secretary-General said is an apt reflection of Jamaica’s contribution regionally and globally.
Read full message:
“Most Honourable Prime Minister,
On behalf of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), I extend to the Government and People of Jamaica hearty congratulations on the 54th Anniversary of your country’s Independence.
Prime Minister, Jamaica has made impressive strides in its development since that momentous day in 1962. With industry and creativity, the people of Jamaica have set about building their nation while ensuring that progress is in a democratic and stable environment.
Your theme for this year’s celebration, “Let’s Get Together and feel Alright” is drawn from the works of one of Jamaica’s most famous citizens whose excellence is an apt reflection of the contribution the country has made regionally and globally. In academia, culture, music, sport and many other fields, Jamaica has distinguished itself.
As Jamaica goes forward on the solid platform built over this first 54 years, the Caribbean Community, of which Jamaica is an active and influential Member State, will continue to support and contribute to the country’s efforts to achieve even greater levels of development.
Congratulations once again on this milestone of nationhood.”
- (2017/04/20) - Private Sector capacity building and consultation: CARICOM strategy for regional implementation of the World Trade Organization Agreement on Trade Facilitation (TFA) - Read more ...
- (2017/03/27) - Ganja Babies! More And More Children Reportedly Seeking Medical Attention After Using Marijuana - Read more ...
- (2017/01/16) - Jamaica to host UN tourism conference - Read more ...
- (2016/10/04) - USAID Caribbean Clean Energy Program And CHTA Forge Collaborative Partnership To Bolster Energy Efficiency In The Caribbean’s Hotel Sector - Read more ...
- (2016/09/15) - Clean energy entrepreneurs trained at boot camps - Read more ...